If you are looking to Enroll or already have a Medicare plan. Remember that you can make changes to your coverage and enroll in a Medicare plan each year, the period to do it is from October 15 to December 7 of each year.
- If you already have an Original Medicare Plan, you can change it to a Medicare Advantage plan or viceversa.
- You can switch from a Medicare Advantage plan with drug coverage to one without.
- You can change also and get or reduce a Medicare prescription drug plan.
- You can update your coverage by changing to a new plan from your current insurer or switching to a new insurance company.
- In case you choose to make a change during the Annual Enrollment Period, your new coverage will begin until January 1st.
You need to consider:
Remember: If you’re happy with your current coverage, you probably are not required to make any changes. In this case, your Medicare plan will automatically will be renewed on January 1st.
General Enrollment Period
You can also consider to sign up for Part A and/or Part B between January 1 and March 31 each year if both of these conditions apply:
- If you, did not sign up when you were first eligible.
- If you are not eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- If your coverage will start July 1. In this case, you might be subject to penalties.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
This period occurs from January 1 through March 31 annually. It let the individuals to enroll into a Medicare Advantage plan to make a one-time election to go to either another Medicare Advantage plan or Original Medicare.
If this is your case, then your new coverage will be started on the first day of the month following the month you make the change.
Please consider: If you go back to an Original Medicare Plan, you can add a Medicare Supplement plan. But, if you’re still within the six-month Medicare Supplement Enrollment Period, the insurance companies are no longer required to accept your Medicare Supplement plan application.
Medicare Advantage plans can only be purchased from insurance companies, such as Insurance Pro FL. Remember that Medicare Advantage plans may also include prescription drug coverage.
Contact us if you have questions about your Medicare Plan.
Leave a Reply