Obamacare or the “Affordable Health Insurance Act” is designed to help individuals and families pay their monthly, private health insurance premium through a subsidy provided by the government. Insurance Pro’s expert agents will help you to receive the highest subsidy to guarantee the best price and benefits on the market.
The comprehensive health care reform law enacted in March 2010 (sometimes known as ACA, PPACA, or “Obamacare”).
The ACA law has 3 primary goals:
- Make affordable health insurance available to more people. The law provides consumers with subsidies (“premium tax credits”) that lower costs for households with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL). Note: If your income is above 400% FPL, you may still qualify for the premium tax credit in 2021.
- Expand the Medicaid program to cover all adults with income below 138% of the FPL. (Not all states have expanded their Medicaid programs.)
- Support innovative medical care delivery methods designed to lower the costs of health care generally.
Additional Rights and Benefits:
- Breastfeeding equipment and support
- Birth control methods and counseling
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- The right to appeal a health plan decision
- The right to choose an individual plan rather than the one your employer offers you
Read also: Frequently Asked Questions on Obamacare.