Getting life insurance for your family is an expression of love that goes beyond words
Life insurance conversations are often difficult to start but very necessary to have within the family. Whether you need to talk to a parent or spouse, it’s important to find the time and space to have a candid conversation about what happens to your family and assets if you die. How much life insurance you may need? Who would be the beneficiaries? Is it better a term life insurance or a whole life insurance?
By starting a conversation about life insurance, it makes us confront our “favorite” topics as a result. Those topics may include, but not limited to:
- Death – it’s important to talk to your spouse about death. Even with children. Teens have a better overall grasp of death, even if they have no previous experience with it. They might feel more comfortable talking to their friends than sharing with parents; however, they still look to parents and other involved adults to validate their information.
- Finances – mixing family and money can be difficult and emotional, but it’s inevitable and highly important to have family finance talks.
- Taxes – the sooner you start talking to your family about taxes and other obligations the better for everyone, especially your children that will always look after you.
- Estate planning – the importance of estate planning cannot be overstated, including the risks and rewards associated with term and permanent life insurance policies and factors to consider in choosing the right policy.
- Debts – what happen to your debts if you die? Understanding what your life insurance policy covers is key to help protect your family’s future.
- Healthcare – having a discussion with your family about the differences between the different types of insurance. For instancde, health insurance covers a portion of medical expenses and doctor’s visits, while life insurance pays out a lump-sum death benefit upon premature death.
You care about protecting your family’s future
When you think about life insurance and you bring the topic to discussion with your family, it shows your loved ones—with certainty—that you care about protecting their future.
Doubtless, it’s probably difficult to think about what would happen to your family if you were no longer around, but it is important to be prepared for the unexpected events in our lives. A life insurance policy can give you peace of mind.
This Valentine’s Day on Feburary 14, when you find yourself walking around the chocolates and flowers aisles, consider to give them a life insurance.
“You might be thinking: “Life Insurance for Valentine’s Day? That may not sound very romantic, but it is probably one of the most thoughtful gifts one can give to his or her own family. And always remember that any amount of life insurance coverage is better than none at all.” Juan Carlos “JC” Doitteau
A life insurance policy can also be used to cover final expenses like funeral fees, but it can also help your loved ones finance future expenses, from college tuition to mortgage payments. If you are the main earner in your household, this type of financial support can help your family.
At Insurance Pro, we understand that life insurance can be confusing, that’s why we are here to answer all your questions about the different coverages available for you and help you to find the coverage that best meets your family’s needs.